I hope this gets the attention of anyone attending Romantic Times this coming week. There was discussion of cupcakes at the bar. I would call it cupcakes and coffee, but realistically it could very well be cupcakes and hooch. Or cupcakes with hooch in them. Or both. But it will be happening.
My plan is that we will be there by 5:00 on Wednesday. So realistically I am thinking between 6:00 and the disco party that night (or 9:00 for those keeping score) is a perfect time. And yes, we have costumes for the party so we are totally going to the disco event.
What I am looking for is an approximate idea of who all would be showing up for some cupcakes, drinks and discussion. Our current cupcake tote carries 24 cupcakes (assuming we don’t go crazy with the decorations on them), so if I need to plan for a blister pack I need to know as soon as possible. So please comment below if you plan to join us.
Also, I am looking towards what to make. If you have any requests as to type, add that in to your comment. I will say that this early in the growing season Hornicorns would be tough to make. Fresh sweet corn isn’t an easy commodity to come by right now. (Sorry Phin.)
My list of current book-themed cupcakes are as follows:
- Hornicorn – sweet corn cupcake with candied bacon topped with a maple cream cheese or white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Trampire – a hard cider cupcake with a cider and apple compote filling and cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Ryzkahl (spicy demon lord) – an ancho chili devils food cake with a cayenne ganache filling and a white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Velveteen – a black velvet (grey really) cupcake with a white chocolate ganache filling topped with a grey cream cheese frosting.
- Iron Druid – a stout chocolate cupcake filled with an Irish whiskey ganache and topped with a Baileys frosting.
- Snugglepumpkin – a pumpkin cupcake made with honey and topped with a honey yogurt drizzle. (Safe for dogs and humans. When not making for dogs, replace drizzle with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.)
- The True Cupcake – (nothing to do with the book, more to do with the author’s tastes) devils food cake with a peanut butter cup baked into it frosted with a dark chocolate cream cheese frosting and garnished with a couple of Reeces Pieces™.
I have a collection of other recipes as well. Those are just the book related ones. I think that is all of them anyhow. It’s tough to keep them all in my head.
Comment below and we’ll see you in Kansas City.